Monday, February 28, 2011

Never Forgets

Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget, I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15

I am keeping my old cellphone.

It is not activated now. It does not receive call or text. It can takes pictures but blurred ones. It has my contacts and some important notes. If I need to call somebody, I grab it for my reference. I use it for morning alarms so I can wake up our daughters to rise up and get ready for school. More than these, I am keeping my non-working cellphone because of some text messages.

They come from a brother in Christ who never forgets to greet on each of our family member's birthday. Each year, the cellphone has received his greetings on the dot. March, May, August and December with all the specific days, the man sends his good wishes for the birthday celebrants. He never forgets.

I believe Isaiah. He said, "Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget, I will never forget you." (Isaiah 49:15). God's promise of remembrance of his children is important.

Knowing you have a God who never forgets gets you going in life. A God who does not only remember your birthdays but who takes note of all your days. He knows your jobless days. He tabs your unhealthy moments. He records your days of mourning on death. He knows your low lonely days to which he made his presence felt. He gives you strength during your trying rough days. He bountifully bless you with grace to overcome times of temptations. A Father who brings you joy in your days of sorrows and who gives you uncommon resolute in your days of common difficulty. A God who bookmarks your seconds, minutes and hours. He highlights your days through the years.

He knows you. He knows your days. He never forgets. Keep this.

No comments: