Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This Qualification

Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that of ourselves we are qualified to take credit for anything as coming from us; rather, our qualification comes from God, who has indeed qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of letter but of spirit; for the letter brings death, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor. 3:4-6

I studied in a elementary public school.
I went to high school at a non-sectarian institution.
I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering in college.
I went to study further and got my Masters in Engineering.
I am the blacksheep of the family.
From elementary through college, I had this habit of stealing money from my parents and my aunt.
I have this weakness on sexual thoughts and fantasies.
Time and time again, I have fallen into sexual sins.

Does this resume belong to a minister of the new covenant? Looks like an engineer who is a heavy sinner to me.

All by God’s grace, I have experienced the following:

* Leading prayer meetings
* Leading various Christian communities
* Speaking in recollections, retreats and conferences
* Training people to do God’s work

The confidence I have is not based on my education and credentials. The confidence that I carry is not based on what is written on my diplomas. I am not educated to preach. I was not educated to lead people onwards to Him. I did what I did not because it was written on a letter. God is my confidence. His Spirit is my strength. By His grace, I arise and lead His people. By His grace, I stand before an assembly to speak about Him. By His grace, I taught His people to do great things for Him. I have nothing to take the credit. God deserves all the acclaim since I am not qualified.

God is not a human resources manager who has a checklist if you are up to the job or not.

God alone is our reference. This is our confidence.

God appoints and God anoints. This is our qualification.

No comments: