Thursday, April 02, 2009

Make Room

“….because my word has no room among you.” John 8:37

This was usual daily schedule:

5:30 am........................Wake Up
6:00 - 8:00 am...............Commute to Quezon City
8:00 am- 5:00 pm..........Work Hours
5:00 pm- 6:00 pm..........Get Dinner
6:00 pm- 9:00 pm..........Attend Classes at UP Diliman
9:00 pm- 11:00 pm.........Commute for Home
11:30 pm.......................Sleep

If I had no classes to attend at UP as a student, I would have that time going back home then attend my classes at Holy Angel University (HAU) as a professor or do some sideline work as Professional Electrical Engineer. All these things are good and noble. On the contrary, I observed that I had no time to pray. I had no time to read God’s word. I had little time to spare for my family. I was full of my work and career building. It’s not that I do not want Christ in my life; it’s just that I had no time or room for Him.

In my heart, I believed I have to do something. I committed my life to God and promise that my life will be dedicated for Him alone. I have to pull some things out of my life to make room for God. I have to throw some things out of the picture for Jesus to take His place. I have to enthrone Jesus on the center of my life, of my room. When my present employer tossed the idea of me going back to school and finish my PhD studies in a reputable university in upstate New York, I said no. I knew this will bring me back to the usual cycle of not having room for Jesus.

Friends, look at your room. Is Jesus at the center? Does Jesus have the space rightful for Him? If not, classify those things that occupy your time and room. Are those things more important than Jesus?

Make room for Jesus in your room.

No comments: