Wednesday, September 07, 2011

No Appointment Needed

Jesus departed to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to God. Luke 6:12

“I don’t need to make an appointment to eat dinner with my parents.”

This was Aishwarya Rai’s reply to David Letterman when asked regarding the set-up of living with her parents. Since most young Americans live outside their parents’ home at a certain age, they needed to make an appointment to meet with their old folks. If they want to have dinner with them, call first. If they want to visit them on weekends, arrange first. If they want to talk about their problems, give a heads up.

Jesus lives with Father, thus needs no appointment. Jesus has to depart to the mountain to pray to his Father. He had to separate himself from people wanting to have time with him. He did not need an appointment to pray. He just have to keep himself from the crowd asking for healing or miracles,or from the Pharisees looking for his impossible missteps. He came for us to be reconciled to the Father, Jesus has paved the way for us to come to the Father.

 Even without an appointment.

Before writing this, I prayed. At my daughter’s bedside. I did not have to go up to a mountain.

As I was driving to the office every morning, I whispered the Jabez prayer. Again, I did not have to hike up to a mountain.

Everyday, our family prays together. We praise him for being our God. We thank God for his blessings. We raise up our concerns to him. My daughter Praise thanks God for her day at school. My daughter Bless gives him her prayers for healing of people she knows needing it. We do that either in the living room or one of our bedrooms. Sometimes we do it when we are traveling in our vehicle. We need not go up to the mountain.

Depart from your distractions. 

Anytime.

You can come to the Father.

Anywhere.

You can speak with the Father.

Anyone.

Can spend time in prayer to God.

No appointment needed.

No comments: